Ziggys Raw Chew and Bone Guide
Raw chews and bones are a wonderful addition to your pets diet. They can help maintain good dental health, calm anxious dogs and may help to keep joints healthy. Read our guide to see which bones and chews best suit your pet.
Dogs from 8 weeks old:
Dogs from 8 weeks old will enjoy Beef Trachea, Beef Chunks, Tripe Chunks and Poultry Hearts.
Dogs from 10 weeks old:
From 10 weeks onwards, dogs who have had time to get to grips with the chews above will enjoy Turkey Necks, Duck Necks, Chicken Necks, Duck Wings and Chicken Wings
Dogs from 6 months old:
At 10 months and older dogs who are used to raw treats and chews will enjoy Marrow Bones, Knuckle Bone, Beef Ribs, Lamb Ribs and Lamb Necks.
Poultry hearts, Tripe Chunks, Rabbit Chunks, Rabbit Liver and Rabbit Kidney.
- Choose the right size chew for your dog (your local pet shop can help you with this)
- Raw bones are fine, but don't feed your dog cooked bones as these can splinter and cause injury
- You may want to separate your dogs if you have more than one dog in your home, raw chews are high value!
- Follow good food hygiene procedures
- Dispose of the chew after 24 hours
Don't forget to supervise your dog with raw bones, chews and treats just to be on the safe side.
If you are feeding bones as a treat (as opposed to as part of a DIY raw diet) aim for 1-3 bones a week. If your dog becomes constipated or their poo turns white, we advise cutting down the amount of bone in their diet.