Naturally high in nourishing omega 3 and 6 oils to support a healthy skin and coat
Especially formulated to promote a healthy skin and coat, our Omega Star® For Dogs oil is ideal for pets who want to look their best and to support those with skin conditions. Containing a naturally balanced blend of omega oils and vitamin E, this oil moisturises, nourishes and soothes the skin while supporting quality coat growth, naturally restoring coat shine and reducing shedding.
What are essential fatty acids (EFAs)?
Essential fatty acids (EFAs), such as omega-3 and omega-6, are fats that must be provided in the diet as the body cannot produce them naturally. They are required for normal growth and functioning of cells, muscles, nerves, organs and the production of prostaglandins (hormone-like substances which are key to many important processes). Deficiencies of EFAs can be linked to a variety of health problems, but by choosing a good quality omega 3 and 6 supplement for your dog, you can ensure that they’ll receive all the necessary essential fatty acids they need. Supplements rich in omega 3 and 6 are particularly effective for maintaining skin condition.
What are the ingredients in Dorwest’s Omega Star® For Dogs?
Our Omega Star® For Dogs has gained quite a reputation, containing a carefully created blend of nutritious plant oils, including flaxseed oil, blackcurrant seed oil, borage seed oils and natural vitamin E, to help nourish the skin’s moisture barrier and restore coat shine and hair growth.
- Flaxseed oil (also known as linseed oil) is naturally high in omega 3 and 6 and can help to regulate skin renewal, reduce scurfiness and improve coat quality and condition.
- Blackcurrant seed oil is a highly nutritious oil, rich in omega 3 and 6. It includes an omega 3 that has unique properties to help soothe sensitive skin and is perfect to help dogs with thin, poor coats.
- Borage seed oil (Starflower) is one of the richest sources of omega 6 GLA and is known to help coat growth and improve skin condition.
- Natural vitamin E is a well-known antioxidant which neutralises free radicals, perfect for maintaining the skin's natural defences.
Which dogs can benefit from Omega Star® For Dogs?
Our Omega Star® For Dogs is perfect for any dog, with 86% of owners saying their pet’s coat quality has improved since using it. From those dogs that need to look their best and shine, to those with thick coats or skin conditions who need a bit of extra support. It is great for reducing the impact of dry skin in the winter, and can be used together with our Keeper’s Mix® to support dogs coming out of a season or post whelping.
Active ingredients: Pure unrefined Flax Seed Oil, Borage Seed Oil, Blackcurrant Seed Oil and natural vitamin E (0.5%). UK sourced ingredients
Small dogs <10Kg: 2.5ml, Medium dogs 10-25 Kg: 5ml, Large dogs 25-45 Kg: 7.5ml,
Giant dogs >45 Kg: 10ml. Add to your dog's food daily, start by using a smaller amount for the first few days and increasing to the recommended quantity.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Can be given in conjunction with any medication
This special blend of oils can be degraded by oxygen and sunlight. Therefore, this bottle has an integrated oxygen barrier and is also dark and opaque to limit sunlight exposure. Please ensure the lid is tightly closed after use. Refrigeration will help prevent oil degradation but please shake before use
Suitable for: Dogs
Why We Love Dorwest Omega Star Oil:
- Superb for helping thin/poor coats
- Helps coat growth, including helping with bald patches
- Nourishes and restores the skins moisture barrier
- Relieves itchy skin and promotes healthy skin
- UK sourced ingredients
This product is available for national delivery and Click and Collect from Lingfield or Forest Row. If you would like to collect from Lingfield please order through the website as usual and then email email@example.com